Wednesday 29 August 2012

Sleepless in Melbourne!


There are times when you are super excited about a journey and cannot sleep even for a minute you just lay in the bed with eyes wide open in anticipation, sometimes watching the alarm clock as if to check its accuracy whether it rings on time.

 I had the same feeling cause  after all I was going to Melbourne & when the alarm rang, It brought an instant smile on my face and the feeling started to sink in that the time has finally come…I got up, looked in the mirror and said….  YAY …it's your time to visit Melbourne NOW!’  
The next 14 hours in the flight were spent looking at the travel magazines & planning my itinerary in Melbourne. 

Being a cricket fanatic the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) is top on my list, taking the tour of the stadium walking the stands that many legends have walked probably is the dream of many cricket lovers, also a visit to the National sports Museum located at the MCG.

Next on the list is the Eureka Skydeck 88. This Skydeck is the highest point in Melbourne and best time to visit it I feel would be early evening to just after sunset wherein you can see the changing day & night effect of this beautiful city.

Hmm a walk along the Yarra River would surely seem fit to see a whole lot of Melbourne along its banks & also to take the hop on hop off ferries & enjoy the scenery, so that’s on for sure.

Being the beverage guy The Carlton Brewery visit is next on my list, to see the Australian beer making process and have some freshly brewed Victoria Bitter beer right at the factory is something I don’t want to miss.

A visit to St. Kilda beach is something I look forward to, not only for the spectacular beach line but also to taste the local delicacies at the numerous street cafés lined up near the beach, another tick for the Royal botanical Garden to explore the local Flora and walk through the landscaped sections of the garden. 

Next in the list would be to visit the St. Paul’s & St. Patrick’s Cathedral they truly are one of the historic and iconic buildings of Melbourne.

For some outdoor fun activity how can I miss the Luna Park to experience the oldest wooden rollercoaster and of course the grandeur of The Galactic circus.

I wanted to plan more but all the excitement of the previous sleepless night seemed to be taking a toll so I just pulled the blanket and dozed off.

I must have been asleep for a short while when I suddenly heard the pilot bell, which was uncannily similar to my door bell, still I tried to get up from my seat thinking that it might be a seatbelt warning sign as we must be nearing Melbourne, but the bell went on ringing louder and louder, when finally I opened my eyes, I got a shock of my life, there I saw a huge jet fan hovering over my head.

It took me a while to realize that this entire flight trip to Melbourne was nothing but a dream and the horrifying jet fan was my humble ceiling fan and that the pilot bell was actually my milkman trying to wake me up.

A dream nonetheless but a very pleasant, exciting and very real, my dream took me to those places which I would love to bring back as memories from the ever vibrant city of Melbourne. 

This post is written for Indiblogger contest. To learn more about Melbourne please visit  

All the pictures are taken from various websites. I do not own them I have used them for just this blog. If any person has objections  regarding the picturesplease write to me and I would delete them.
Thanks 

3 comments:

  1. Hey....just read ur post. it is interesting and crisp - not like our country's long-winding roads [:)]....Keep it up.
    Himangshu

    http://himangshu-gentlemusings.blogspot.in/2012/08/melbourne-inception-of-dream.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! the dream was really nice! And all the best!

      http://lafemmenirvana.blogspot.in/2012/08/vacation-fit-for-god.html

      Delete
  2. Carlton Brewery will be an interesting place to visit.Nice places covered in your travel itinerary.
    Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete